Friday, August 27, 2010

Hiding the Paint Brushes

Our 16 week visit was yesterday afternoon in Greenville. We got there a little early so I wanted to take a 15 minute nap in my car, as I have been known to do during my lunch break, but Katie wasn't as interested as I was about closing my eyes for a few minutes in the parking garage at Greenville Memorial so we went on into the doctor's office.

While Katie was getting some labwork done I ran into my boss's wife. She was a little confused as to why I was carrying a purse and roaming around an OB/GYN office but thankfully Katie came out from around the corner and eased her mind before any rumors were spread.

We didn't wait too long before going back to see the doctor. This is a fairly large practice so we see a different doctor each time. This time it was Dr. Dubose; best one yet by far! You know you have a no bulls**t doctor when they ask you if you want to do a test and before you can answer they tell you it is stupid and a waste of time. This wasn't an ultrasound visit but because we hadn't seen the baby in about 6 weeks she squeezed us into line and did a quick scan so we could take a peak at how things were going.

We came away with 3 pictures: 1) full picture that actually looked like a baby for the first time 2) one tiny foot (hope there is another one) and 3) evidence that we are having a BOY; or at least that is what the scanning lady said.

So I guess I have to hide the paint brushes from Katie until 20 weeks but it looks like a baby boy is on the way. Now I just have to find a way to cover up the canteloupe paint we used in the bedroom that is going to become the nursery.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hahahaha!!! I love blog post by Jason!! They crack me the hell up!!!Yay for a little boy!! And I think the cantaloupe can stay if you add some lime green and blue in there!!!

Unknown said...

Behr paint with primer, Jason, that's how!