Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's a Boy!

Looks like Jason beat me to the blogger this time :-) Yes, come February Jason will no longer be outnumbered in the Wilson house. I would like to point out that I am apparently living proof that how you are carrying it doesn't determine the sex - I have been complaining the past few weeks that "I feel like this baby is trying to grow into my lungs!" and the women at school kept telling me that it must be a girl because I'm carrying it so high - WRONG!  Despite this, I could not be more excited. I can only hope that this little one comes out with beautiful dark curls and dimples like my Jason had. We have agreed on one of his names and once we've settled on his full name, we will share it with all of you. Like Jason said, our 16 week appointment went well and we are just waiting on the results of some blood work. We should have known it was a boy - or at least taking after his daddy - because this was his behavior at our doctor's appointment: when the nurse checked his heartbeat, there were all kinds of sounds that she explained were him moving around quite a bit; half an hour later when we got to the ultrasound, he was curled up apparently sleeping (that's Jason - wide open one minute, sound asleep the next); then it took the ultrasound tech jiggling my belly for a while to get him to uncross his legs and I knew right there that he must take after his daddy because you know Mosier women aren't modest! Anyway, I'll try put the ultrasound pics on here, but I apologize for the quality - I'll have to find a scanner so they'll be more clear. Our next appointment is September 23rd.


Student teaching is going pretty well so far. These kids have such unique personalities and they already have a little piece of my heart. I have found, to my surprise, that my favorites are the hyper boys that are very bright but can't sit still for 5 minutes - they remind me of Tennent and John Lynn! So, maybe I will make a good boy's mom after all. I worked with them alone briefly for the first time this week and even I was surprised by how well that went, so I definitely think I've found my calling. On the other hand, for those of you who were taking bets, I lasted only two weeks before I got sick. Yes, those little germ infested creatures have already given me some kind of cold, so I've been miserable on the couch all weekend. Koozie has been a wonderful nurse :-) and Jason has been an angel as usual.

PS: someone asked me how to use the comments: if you want to make a comment on any of our posts, just click where it says "Comments" at the bottom of the post and a little box will pop up for you to write in. It usually says "0 Comments" or 1 or 2, depending on how many have been left already. Thanks!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Katie!!! (and Jason;)) I am SOOOO excited for you! Tracie gave me this link so I am going to subscribe so I can keep up with everything. I know I still need to stop by one day, and I need to quit saying it and just do it! So now, I really can't wait to see you. Oh, a boy...ahhhh! I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement for you. I love you, and I love this baby Wilson already, and I can't wait to see you very soon, OK?
~~Shannon